Improving Efficiency and Reliability in Warehouse Operations
Current Distribution Operations of Parts to dealer locations suffered from a lack of improvement in process efficiency and reliability. Ongoing processing suffered from issues – claims, mispicks, safety, etc. Innovative approaches were required to break this status quo. This is where Vieaura came in with its augmented reality capabilities to enhance current processes.
App: Guided Warehouse Ops using AR
Device: Glass Enterprise Edition 2
Automotive/ Discrete Manufacturing
Need for Innovation
Warehousing operations have evolved over the last decade to using handheld devices, barcodes, etc. Despite the efficiencies gained, usability on the frontline remains an issue. The later arises due to workflow complexity, device form factor, and data usage constraints.
Outcomes flatlined. Fatigue remains an issue adding to long term risk.
The Business Impact
Vieaura’s Guided Warehouse Ops delivered the following gains to the OEM Distribution operations.
- Overall throughput was up 5 to 7%
- Streamlined flows eliminating count back and label verification steps thus reducing cycle times
- Improved process accuracy in terms of bin mismatches, mis-picks, and claims
- Added capabilities like image/ video capture reduced returns and claims processing times
- Improved usability reduced training times (down to a few hours from days), but significantly improved retention
- Hands-free approach eliminated long term injury risk
- Downstream benefits (ERP, WMS) in terms of improved data accuracy and reliability